Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trailer Follow Up: Franklyn

I don't know why I want to see this movie, but I know that I do. The trailer gives you a good sense of the feel of the movie and the atmosphere, which can be enough to grip someone, but not a whole lot of insight into the actual story itself. We know it has something to do with a 16 year-old that a character failed to protect and through some crazy sci-fi wizardry (not literally wizards) the V For Vendetta-like vigilante has some way of changing that fact. At least that's what I can surmise.

Given that I still don't know what FRANKLYN is about, it's the stylistic choices that intrigue, as well as its similarities to movies I've enjoyed in the past. The little things like cops wearing top hats and strange eye-make up and effects really give FRANKLYN an eerie quality.

This trailer has interested me enough to see it when and if it comes out state-side. It is set for UK release in February but so far, it has found no distributor willing to bring it overseas.

No comments: